Since its inception in 1988, the Zacks newsletter has tripled the S&P 500, turned a $10,000 investment into $2 million and beaten the market 19 years out of 21. A simple and highly effective formula is applied in selecting stocks for the newsletter, thanks to Len Zack, who holds a Ph.D in Mathematics from M.I.T and after years of fundamental and technical analysis, came to the conclusion that company earnings are the most prominent factor in evaluating stock prices. Zacks looks at reports by over 3,000 analysts from 150 different brokerage firms and monitors over 200,000 earnings estimates to search for significant changes.
Based on the findings, shares are then ranked in a simple system whose indicators are used when making investment decisions:
- 1 – Strong Buy
- 2 – Buy
- 3- Hold
- 4 – Sell
- 5 – Strong Sell
To be rated a Zacks #1 “Strong Buy”, a company’s earnings estimates must adjust sharply upward. As for the bear market of 2000-2002, as the S&P 500 spiraled to 43.1, Zacks #1 Ranked stocks gained +39.8.You can obtain information about any of the 4,400 stocks on Zacks rating via e-mail, simply by plugging in the symbol of the stock.
Zacks also offers a 30-day free trial, that includes all of its Premium content, where you can access all of the tools you will need to start investing your money wisely, including:
- Daily Zacks Rank Updates. This feature provides daily updates that will allow investors to identify and purchase the best of the 4,400 stocks that are being analyzed and also when to hold or sell them.
- Zacks Recommendations. The Zacks Equity Research team is comprised of 50 impartial analysts that can direct investors towards choice long term options.
- Stock Screens. Powerful tools that help you identify which stocks will best fit your expectations.
- Zacks Industry Rank. Pinpoints industries that are prime for investment with the knowledge that 50% of stock success is linked to its industry.
- In-Depth Reports. A vital starting point for building healthy portfolios, these reports come straight from Zacks Equity Research
- Daily Email Alerts and Portfolio Tracking. Get alerted when the status of your stocks is changing and be informed in a timely manner of the need to sell your stocks.
Zacks has issued an open invitation to learn all of the secrets that are contained within Zacks.com. The Zacks Premium subscription is an ideal way for investors to benefit from the Zacks ranking information. By taking advantage of the 30-day free trial, you will be able to explore every benefit that Zacks premium has to offer at no risk to decide if it is worth the cost.